PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSocket™ grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first PopSocket sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. The PopSocket is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products. PopSockets is presently opening a San Francisco office focused on Design & Development of our next generation products.
A Sr. Mechanical Engineer at PopSockets can independently drive his or her own projects while also helping to guide the rest of the Engineering staff. This individual also promotes cross-pollination between the various teams within our Design & Development department to ensure that all disciplines are heading along the same vector. You’ll work on evolving our engineering practices and philosophies, while pushing us to innovate and expand into new categories. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our new San Francisco studio which works with our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Partner with the design team to ensure that all of our products will be manufacturable and robust once out in our customers’ hands
- Design and develop products from concepts through the prototyping and testing phases, into 3D models, and ultimately to production
- Tackle projects ranging from innovation and new product engineering to sustaining engineering and testing
- Work with the rest of the Engineering team to build design and testing standards to consistently increase the quality of our products and our speed of development
- Drive our Manufacturing team and our vendors to find the best solutions for each project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of mechanical design work, preferably in high-volume consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- Proficiency with CAD tools (Solidworks or Creo preferred) for 3D design and 2D drawings, experience with surface is a plus
- Understanding of GD&T and FAI processes
- Strong understanding of material properties and manufacturing techniques
- Ability to design testing procedures and establish testing criteria
- Embraces a hands-on approach with lots of quick prototyping
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé and portfolio (pdf or link) to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “Sr. Mechanical Engineer - Your Name”.