Social Media Director
We’re looking for a proven, social media leader with deep expertise spanning all areas of enterprise social media: listening and analytics, enterprise tools and technologies, crisis communications, customer resolution, platform management across emerging and established channels in the US and internationally, influencing upstream thinking about promotions and go-to-market plans, creative development, campaign strategy and execution, paid social, partnerships, taking an a lead role in shaping our ever-evolving digital footprint and innovation.
- Define and communicate social media mission and vision & strategy at a brand and channel level.
- Define and manage cross-functional integration of the social media discipline.
- Develop and champion insight-grounded global strategy.
- Ability to build, motivate, and inspire teams; engage partners; and influence executive stakeholders.
- Interact effectively with top-level creatives internally and in agencies, providing vision and inspiration to integrate social concepts with broader campaign themes
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices to ensure the immediate team of direct reports promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork to achieve business results.
- Support the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company
- Collaborate with internal and external strategic business partners to develop joint marketing strategies, ensuring they are integrated with the plans of other business channels
- Continuously drive to revitalize technology product portfolio through innovation, customer insights, and data.
- Lead cross-functional and international teams on strategic approach, key tactics, best practices, measurement requirements and evolving trends.
- Lead integration of financial activities, including planning, forecasting and business analysis, to drive brand planning and strategies.
- Communicate digital brand direction to internal and external partners.
- Ability to define complex social media operations. Anticipate and pre-empt operational challenges.
- Ability to deliver powerful presentations to executive and multi-functional audiences both internally and externally.
- Ability to define and teach brand guidelines across multiple brands and channels. Provides upfront guidance and direction for internal and agency content creators along with actionable feedback on social creative.
- Plan and manage global digital initiatives across international markets and ensures that initiatives are aligned with Global Marketing.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 7-10+ years of experience with in a social media role at either a digital agency and/or client-side
- You have led the global social media discipline, overseeing the team’s strategy, vision, innovation, and partnerships.
- Thought leadership with expertise spanning all areas of social media engagement tools, including industry innovation and interoperability with other digital technologies, platforms, and processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of established and emerging social platforms across the globe and have a broad awareness of industry thinking both current and historical to identify new brand opportunities in social.
- An affinity for creative content development and understand the importance of creating visually compelling content (e.g., written, visual, video) tailored by social platform to achieve the biggest impact(s).
- Customer resolution and crisis management abilities and skills
- Ability to identify what constitutes a truly differentiated social media content strategy, capable of accelerating virality, fandom, and engagement.
- Robust understanding of research, analytics, and listening tools and methodologies and recognize the difference between insights and the merely interesting in digital trends analysis.
- Analytics-driven decision-making to form great merchandise assortments.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills, with a skill for relationship building and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Superb analytical skills: The ideal candidate loves data and can analyze a problem, use data to articulate a recommendation, and act accordingly
- Ability to deliver results and ability to choose the appropriate level of delegation, proven capability to entirely own complex problems and deliver results regardless of impediments and resourcing.
- Ability to define a course of action in the face of ambiguity and drive forward with entrepreneurial thinking.
- Fast twitch muscles and thrives under pressure and working toward aggressive timelines. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while still paying attention to details and executing flawlessly
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to balance and productively resolve contradictory demands and timelines to deliver against the company vision and goals
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make sound judgments based on tradeoffs of different solutions, complex problems, various stakeholders, and many constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, create common knowledge, generate buy-in and influence stakeholders and senior management towards recommended decisions
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to HR@posockets.com with the subject line “Social Media Director” - “Your Name”