PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSocket™ grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first PopSocket sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. The PopSocket is a collapsable grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products. PopSockets is presently opening a San Francisco office focused on Design & Development of our next generation products.
A Product Manager at PopSockets will drive our overall roadmap strategy by evolving our core business and defining innovation opportunities in new categories. This position will define business plans for new products and rally stakeholders across the company to help execute our vision. Through qualitative and quantitative data, the Product Manager will create briefs for the design and development teams to draw from. Furthermore, this position will see products through their full lifecycle and will provide recommendations on next generation strategies. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our new San Francisco studio which works closely with our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Manage the product roadmap and master calendar, controlling retail and online resets
- Analyze market reports to provide recommendations on new categories to enter
- Develop competitive landscape studies to better position our brand
- Create design briefs to kick off projects, regularly following up to manage scope change
- Manage pricing strategy across our portfolio by establishing target prices and costs for new projects and ensuring we hit our margins
- Work closely with our Sales and Business Intelligence teams to track performance of SKU’s in order to establish EOL plans and recommendations for our CMF team
- Train Sales and Marketing on new product features to ensure our designs are presented properly to buyers and end consumers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Design or Business/Management
- 3+ years of product management experience, preferably in consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must foster collaboration across disciplines and departments
- Ability to synthesize data and provide clear recommendations
- Passion for innovation and high-level strategic thinking
- Attention to detail and drive to maximize the performance of every SKU
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “Product Manager - Your Name”.