Users from can Shop at our Store.
Have a Popsocket, need a mount?
The PopSockets Mount enables you to attach your phone to your dashboard, mirror, refrigerator, bed post, wall, or locker. Your PopSocket will snap easily into and out of your PopSockets Mount to enable hands-free viewing.
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSocket™ grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first PopSocket sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. The PopSocket is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products. PopSockets is presently opening a San Francisco office focused on Design & Development of our next generation products.
A Packaging Design Engineer at Popsockets will design and develop structural designs for all our new products, while always looking for opportunities to improve existing lines from a cost, quality, and experience perspective. The individual will coordinate with the ID team and Marketing to ensure we’re properly showcasing our products. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our new San Francisco studio which works with our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Stay up to date on packaging design trends and retailer requirements
- Develop structural designs that improve our customer experience while elevating the value of our products and brand
- Create dielines for 2D elements and CAD for molded or formed 3D elements
- Produce prototypes for internal reviews and sales meetings
- Collaborate with our graphic designers in Marketing to create one coherent solution
- Coordinate with vendors for samples
- Provide on-press support when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with structural designs, ideally high-volume and in consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- Proficiency with 3D CAD tools (Solidworks or Creo preferred) and Adobe CS
- Proficiency with packaging design software (ArtiosCAD preferred)
- Familiarity with packaging materials and test requirements
- Embraces a hands-on approach with lots of quick prototyping
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé and portfolio (pdf or link) to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “Packaging Design Engineer - Your Name”.