PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSocket™ grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first PopSocket sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. The PopSocket is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products. PopSockets is presently opening a San Francisco office focused on Design & Development of our next generation products.
A Packaging Design Engineer at Popsockets will design and develop structural designs for all our new products, while always looking for opportunities to improve existing lines from a cost, quality, and experience perspective. The individual will coordinate with the ID team and Marketing to ensure we’re properly showcasing our products. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our new San Francisco studio which works with our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Stay up to date on packaging design trends and retailer requirements
- Develop structural designs that improve our customer experience while elevating the value of our products and brand
- Create dielines for 2D elements and CAD for molded or formed 3D elements
- Produce prototypes for internal reviews and sales meetings
- Collaborate with our graphic designers in Marketing to create one coherent solution
- Coordinate with vendors for samples
- Provide on-press support when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering, Industrial Design, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with structural designs, ideally high-volume and in consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- Proficiency with 3D CAD tools (Solidworks or Creo preferred) and Adobe CS
- Proficiency with packaging design software (ArtiosCAD preferred)
- Familiarity with packaging materials and test requirements
- Embraces a hands-on approach with lots of quick prototyping
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé and portfolio (pdf or link) to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “Packaging Design Engineer - Your Name”.