PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSocket™ grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first PopSocket sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. The PopSocket is a collapsable grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products.
A Mechanical Engineer at PopSockets will brainstorm concepts and take their ideas through a rigorous design process requiring lots of prototyping. The individual will be responsible for managing their own CAD databases, while also assisting others. You’ll work closely with our Design and NPI Engineering teams to ensure our products make it to market. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in Boulder, CO and will collaborate closely with our Design/Development team in San Francisco, CA.
- Design and develop products from concepts through the prototyping and testing phases, into 3D models, and ultimately to production
- Tackle projects ranging from innovation and new product engineering to sustaining engineering and testing
- Work with our NPI Engineering team and vendors to find the best solutions for each project
- Generate final 3D and 2D drawings
- Maintain proper documentation standards for our tech packs
- Create performance standards for products and work with our Quality team to design and run tests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of mechanical design work, preferably in high-volume consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- Proficiency with CAD tools (Solidworks or Creo preferred) for 3D design and 2D drawings, experience with surfacing is a plus
- Understanding of GD&T and FAI processes
- Strong understanding of material properties and manufacturing techniques, especially plastic injection molding
- Ability to design and run tests and establish quality standards
- Embraces a hands-on approach with lots of quick prototyping
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé and portfolio (pdf or link) to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “Mechanical Engineer Boulder - Your Name”.