PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSocket™ grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first PopSocket sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. The PopSocket is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products. PopSockets is presently opening a San Francisco office focused on Design & Development of our next generation products.
A Mechanical Engineer at PopSockets will brainstorm concepts and take their ideas through a rigorous design process requiring lots of prototyping. The individual will be responsible for managing their own CAD databases and guiding new products into production. You’ll work closely with our ID, CMF, project management, software, and manufacturing teams to bring your ideas to reality. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our new San Francisco studio which works with our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Design and develop products from concepts through the prototyping and testing phases, into 3D models, and ultimately to production
- Tackle projects ranging from innovation and new product engineering to sustaining engineering and testing
- Work with our Manufacturing team and vendors to find the best solutions for each project
- Generate final 3D drawings for tooling and 2D drawings for inspection
- Maintain proper documentation standards for our tech packs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of mechanical design work, preferably in high-volume consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- Proficiency with CAD tools (Solidworks or Creo preferred) for 3D design and 2D drawings, experience with surface is a plus
- Understanding of GD&T and FAI processes
- Strong understanding of material properties and manufacturing techniques
- Embraces a hands-on approach with lots of quick prototyping
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé and portfolio (pdf or link) to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “Mechanical Engineer - Your Name”.