General Ledger Accountant
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSocket™ grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first PopSocket sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. The PopSocket is a collapsable grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products.
The Finance Team at PopSockets is a group of fun and talented professionals looking to add a General Ledger Accountant to the crew. The role will focus on maintaining the general ledger, month-end close, preparing reconciliations and financials, and assisting with process improvements. This opportunity requires a solid understanding of accounting principles and a passion for problem solving. A successful candidate can manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of organization and attention to detail. We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude who wants to grow their skill set at a dynamic company that values collaboration and hard work. This position reports to our Controller.
- Prepare and record journal entries as part of the month-end close process
- Analyze activity and perform account reconciliations
- Maintain general ledger and subledgers throughout the month
- Assist with financial statement preparation and perform analysis of operating metrics and budget variances
- Identify areas for improvement, maintain documentation and implement policies and procedures
- Assist with year-end audit by preparing schedules and supporting documentation
- Prepare and analyze ad hoc requests and projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- CPA license is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a plus
- Working understanding of GAAP, accrual accounting and inventory
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and take ownership of work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Strong work ethic and initiative with a positive attitude
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “General Ledger Accountant - Your Name”.