PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSocket™ grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first PopSocket sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. The PopSocket is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, re-positionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products. PopSockets is presently opening a San Francisco office focused on Design & Development of our next generation products.
A Project Manager at PopSockets will coordinate across disciplines to ensure that projects hit all their milestones and our products come out great. You’ll work on collecting requirements, inspiring designers and engineers through their process, and ensuring that projects are properly brought to market. Should be self-driven, flexible, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. This position is located in our new San Francisco studio which works with our headquarters in Boulder, CO.
- Facilitate communication between stakeholders across departments to ensure that projects are achieving company-wide goals
- Ensure that projects come in on time and on budget, while maintaining scope
- Serve as a contact window for vendors through the DFM process
- Coordinate tech pack releases with the Operations team
- Work with Operations to create work-forward and work-backward schedules that allow for enough design & development time as well as production & shipping time
- Identify risks and propose effective solutions
- Conduct post-mortem meetings to capture opportunities to improve our process
- Travel to support tooling and part approvals
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering/Design/Science preferred
- 2+ years of project or program management experience, preferably in high-volume consumer goods, consumer electronics, or accessories
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and inspire a wide variety of personalities and disciplines
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 15%
How to Apply:
Please submit your résumé to HR@popsockets.com with the subject line “Engineering Project Manager - Your Name”.