General Position Summary:
PopSockets is looking for a hyper-organized and creative individual to lead, coordinate and manage key elements of the marketing department. The position requires an exceptionally focused individual who can successfully manage and execute on multiple items at any given time in a fast paced environment. The position will focus on the strategic planning and tactical execution of our trade and consumer shows, retail launch events, PR efforts and Social Media planning. The individual must be able to work as a part of a team – extensive communication with internal marketing, ecommerce, creative and sales team members as well as external vendors, press outlets, and collaboration partners is essential.
You’ll run point on corporate-led events and trade shows (1-3 per month) handling all planning, logistics and coordination before, during and after the events. When not in event mode, you’ll be responsible for executing PR and Social Media efforts. You will proactively pitch and target unique story ideas for both existing and new products to increase brand awareness and product sales.
A key area of focus will be creating the buzz around the brand! You are at the front line, acting as the eyes, ears and voice of the brand to our consumers. You’ll start conversations about PopSockets and keep them going by fueling the chatter. But you’ll also maintain a business mindset and translate the social experience into meaningful results for the company, always keeping an eye on how your social interactions can positively impact the bottom line.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with the marketing and sales teams to implement a clear and executable social media strategy, developing brand awareness among new audiences, generating inbound traffic and encouraging participation while driving traffic to our website and wholesale partners.
- Interact daily with our audience and function as a mediator: participate in conversations that surround our content and brand, respond in a timely manner to comments, answer (and ask) questions, solicit feedback and input
- Manage and grow our presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content as needed
- Create, maintain and execute a social media editorial calendar and posting schedule
- Author blog posts, articles, contests, sweepstakes
- Create and update daily monthly reports based on key metrics by channel
- Identify, interpret and capitalize on social media trends, tools, technologies, best practices
- Brainstorm, strategize and propose event concepts and plans
- Own the trade show experience – from booth planning and collateral development to overall logistics coordination
- Working with creative team resources, oversee development of all event promotional materials/signage, handle logistics (registration, product, staffing, travel, hotel, etc.), ensure early and often communication among stakeholders
- Order and manage product for trade shows, events and press efforts
- Negotiate vendor proposals as necessary (locations, sound, catering, etc.)
- Manage overall event budget, ensuring all costs are accurately tracked and reported
- Act as primary point person for all PR efforts including, but not limited to, writing press releases, creating and sending press kits, securing relevant product placement, handling inbound press requests and encouraging product reviews to support launches and other large-scale marketing initiatives
- Develop and maintain relationships with editors/press, bloggers, artists and key influencers in the relevant mobile and lifestyle categories
- Research and identify new, appropriate media outlets for the PopSocket brand
- Plan and execute editor preview events for major product launches
- Report on event and PR performance; quantify results on a monthly basis
- BA or BS in marketing, communications, business or a related field of study
- 3+ years of experience in marketing, social media or similar field marketing or project/traffic management
- Excellent organization and communication skills, with an exceptional eye for detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to solve problems in an efficient and professional manner
- Willingness to do what it takes to see projects through to completion and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Must be a collaborative team player and show leadership
- Proactive attitude with an eagerness to learn
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications associated with this position.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and references to careers[insert 'at' symbol]popsockets.com.